Civitas Consultancy is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Civitas Consultancy may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 4thSeptember 2020 (change according to launch date).
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Civitas Consultancy
Email address: email@example.com
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve this for you.
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your GDPR Rights
- The right to be informed about processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data corrected in case of inaccuracy and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- The right to object to processing of your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- The right of erasure of your personal data.
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it.
- The right to move your personal data (Data Portability).
- The right to withdraw consent.
What we collect
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may collect the following information:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, marital status, title, date of birth and gender
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account details
- Transaction Data may include your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
How we collect your personal data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Completion of our website Contact Us form
- Enquiries through telephone or email
- Request resources or marketing to be sent to you
- Entering a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
- Giving us feedback
Technical Data from the following parties:
- Advertising networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn based (inside OR outside) the EU); and
- Search information providers (such as Google based (inside OR outside) the EU).
- Contact, financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based (inside OR outside) the EU).
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
How we use your personal data
What we use your data for
- To respond to your enquiry
- To process your enquiry
- Manage contract agreements
- Complete contractual duties
- Manage invoices and receipts
- To collect and recover money owed to us
- Relationship management
- To administer and protect our business and our site where applicable (troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting, and hosting of data).
- To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure and understand the effectiveness of our advertising
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about services that may be of interest to you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- Requested information from us via our Contact Us form, or
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected your data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place a suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedure to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for (6 years), including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period of personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information (including contact, identity, financial, and transaction data) for six years after they cease being a customer for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.